Skip to main content

Bringing your family to Canada

If you are coming to Canada on a work permit, your family can accompany you if they qualify to enter Canada as visitors. Consult the Canada Citizenship and Immigration website

Spousal Work Permit program

Your spouse (husband, wife or common-law partner including same-sex partner) may qualify for a work permit without the need for a job confirmation from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) through the Spousal Work Permit program.

If you are a returning Canadian or permanent resident and your spouse is a non-Canadian, your spouse may be granted a work permit upon confirmation of a job offer.